I have some sad personal news: my family dog Duncan died Monday after battling cancer. He spent 11.5 years being the best creature in the universe, and he has left behind a legacy of love, joy, goodness, and goofiness.
Here are 10 things the museum world can learn from Duncan’s life:
- Visit lots of new places, including national parks and battlefields. Go on adventures.
- Greet your visitors warmly. Make them feel welcome. Give them a big smile.
- Sniff every object to learn more about it.
- Help families and friends have meaningful experiences together.
- One man’s trash is another creature’s treasure.
- Food brings people together.
- Show your enthusiasm.
- Get plenty of rest so you can be ready when something important happens.
- Be alert; be ready to protect people and objects from threats such as squirrels, inflatable yard decorations, and open garages.
- Use all your capacity for good in the world.
You will never be forgotten, Duncan! Thank you for everything. I love you.